We can obtain a certified criminal record from the Canadian Police Information Center (CPIC), a computerized national records retrieval system administered by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) in Ottawa. The record will list all your convictions, charges and discharges throughout Canada and the sentences received. The record will also list any government agency which has requested a copy of your criminal record.
The RCMP will take 4 to 12 weeks to provide the certified record. The service is included with a Record Suspension (Pardon) or US Entry Waiver application.
- If you have only charges on your criminal record, we can petition the arresting police force to destroy your fingerprints, photographs and any other information you gave at the time of your arrest. We will also request them to remove your record from the national CPIC system.
- If you were granted an absolute or conditional discharge, we can petition RCMP Purge Unit to destroy your record.
- If you have convictions on your criminal record, we can apply for a Record Suspension (Pardon) on your behalf. Once granted, the information on your charges will also be removed and kept separate and apart from all other records.
This is a certified criminal record check. Our service fee for the check is $150.00.
For a criminal background check our service fee is only $49.00.
Our 24-hour process will confirm whether or not a record exists based on your name and date of birth.
How Having a Criminal Record Negatively Affects Your Life
Having a criminal record, no matter how minor the infraction, can significantly affect your life in many important aspects. This includes looking for work, travelling out of the country and renting a home or apartment. With employers, realtors and rental agencies conducting background checks, your criminal record can make life difficult for you when all you want to do is get back on your feet. Exactly how will this affect you?
Looking for a Job or Already Employed with a Criminal Record?
Many companies are doing background checks on potential employees to see if they have criminal records. Even if you have never been convicted, you still have a Criminal Record if you were charged, which could show up in an employer search result and negatively affect your hiring potential.
If you are already an employee with a criminal record, some Provinces have laws in place to protect you as long as your crime did not affect the business in any way. Other provinces, on the other hand, don’t have laws protecting you.
Are You Thinking about Travelling to Another Country?
Having a criminal record can create some difficulties for you if you are planning on travelling abroad. Any stops in the US could become a nightmare if you don’t have proper documents with you and you could be refused entry. Contacting the countries embassy for your destination is prudent, so you may be able to receive more details on how your criminal record will impact your travel plans.
Thinking about Renting a Home or Apartment?
Most apartment complexes or realtors will do criminal record checks if you are interested in renting out one of their properties. If you have a criminal record, this can extremely affect where you want to live by forcing you to move to a less than ideal location.
We Can Help
We understand that having a criminal record can be frustrating and very difficult. We can help you by obtaining a certified criminal record from the Canadian Police Information Center (CPIC), a computerized national records retrieval system administered by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) in Ottawa. The obtained record is throughout Canada and will include:
- Sentences received
- List of any government agencies which have requested a copy of your criminal record
We can also provide you with a Record Suspension (Pardon) or US Entry Waiver application.
- Additionally, if you have charges on your criminal record, we can request that your fingerprints, photographs and other information are removed from their databases.
- If you were granted discharge, we can request the RCMP Purge Unit that your record is destroyed.
- If you have any convictions, we can apply for a Record Suspension (Pardon) on your behalf and your charges will be removed and kept separate from all other records.
Services and Fees
- Certified Criminal Record Check: $150.00
- Criminal Background Check: $49.00
Once we send out the request, it will take 4 to 12 weeks to receive the certified record. We can also confirm whether or not you have a criminal record within 24 hours based on your name and date of birth.