Do you travel to Canada in a private boat, private or corporate aircraft? You are a Canadian or US citizen or lawful permanent resident with at least 3 years of residential history within US or Canada? You may be eligible to apply for CANPASS.
CANPASS members enjoy a privilege of expedited border clearance process by the Canadian border officials when traveling by air, sea. NEXUS is designed for low-risk, pre-approved travelers at the following international airports: Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, Montréal, Ottawa, Toronto (Pearson International Airport and Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport), Vancouver and Winnipeg.
As a CANPASS Air member you can:
- Use a Traveller Declaration Card (TDC) if you are a Canadian resident to report any goods that exceed your personal exemptions; and
- Enrol your children under the age of 18 for free.
You must meet these criteria:
- You must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada or the United States (U.S.);
- You are a Canadian or American citizen living outside of Canada or the U.S., or who has recently returned to either country;
- You are allowed to enter Canada under applicable immigration laws;
- You have provided true and accurate information on the application;
- You have not been convicted of a serious criminal offence for which a pardon or record suspension has not been granted;
- You have not had a customs seizure within the past six years; and
- You are not in contravention of any program legislation, in particular customs or immigration laws.