Travel often to the US or Canada? You are a Canadian or US citizen or lawful permanent resident with at least 3 years of residential history within US or Canada? You may be eligible to apply for a NEXUS card.
NEXUS card holders enjoy a privilege of expedited border clearance process by the US or Canadian border officials when traveling by air, land or sea. NEXUS is designed for low-risk, pre-approved travelers into Canada and the United States.
Your application for NEXUS card may be denied, if:
- you are inadmissible to Canada or the United States under applicable immigration laws;
- you intentionally provide false or incomplete information on your application;
- you have been convicted of a serious criminal offence in any country for which you have not received a pardon (for U.S. background checks you may be questioned about your full criminal history, including arrests and pardons, which may exclude you from NEXUS);
- you have a recorded violation of customs, immigration or agriculture law; or
- you fail to meet other requirements of NEXUS.